These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Eagle River Grace Church
Eagle River Grace Church is a family-oriented, gospel-centered church with a mission to build lives that matter by teaching people to love, know, trust, and follow Jesus. We are located in Chugiak, Alaska, a growing community approximately 15 miles from Anchorage, Alaska.
We are excited about adding a part-time pastor to our team to assist in normal pastoral duties, with an emphasis on leading a young adult/professional ministry. It is essential that this person also be able to connect with people of all ages on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of discipling them towards Christ-like maturity.
· Provide leadership, vision, and support to help equip the church to effectively carry out its ongoing ministry, with a particular emphasis on a young adult ministry—post college, both single and married.
· Prepare and preach biblically-based, life-applicable messages approximately once a month, as well as carry out other teaching/preaching and worship responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with the Board of Elders.
· In cooperation with the elders, be available to members and regular attendees of the church for spiritual leadership and pastoral care. This would include, but not be limited to hospital and home visitation; offering biblical guidance; marital and pre-marital instruction; and conducting marriages, funerals, and baptisms.
· Participate in other ministry opportunities outside of the local church upon mutual agreement with the Board of Elders. This would include both Charis Fellowship churches (CF) and non-CF ministries such as foreign mission trips.
Responsible to the Senior Pastor and Elder Board of Eagle River Grace Church and work as part of the ministerial staff of the church. Commitment is for approximately 20 hours per week; however, this can be varied seasonally to accommodate, for example, a schoolteacher or commercial fisherman.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate relationship with Him that is evident to all who know him.
· Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle that complies with the Biblical qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9.
· A man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is doing in his life, as well as the life of the church.
· Agreement with the doctrine, mission, vision, and values of Eagle River Grace Church.
· A track record of membership, involvement, and ministry in the local church.
Applicants should submit:
· Current resume
· Personal statement of faith
· Brief paragraph describing why you feel called to ministry
· Minimum of two references
Eagle River Grace
P.O. Box 770430
Eagle River, AK 99577
17850 Birchtree Street
Chugiak, AK 99567
Children’s Pastor for Grace Community Church
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at Grace to help reach the next generation with the gospel!
- Responsible to develop and implement a comprehensive program of care, evangelism, spiritual growth, and service opportunities for elementary grades (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- Responsible to support the families of the children to help them succeed as the spiritual champions in their children’s lives.
- Responsible for a Sunday morning program and a mid-week program.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, equipping and development of leaders and volunteers working in the ministry.
- Responsible to reach children outside our church in our community.
- Responsible to help cover the pastoral load of the entire church including counseling, shepherding care, weddings, funerals, giving input to other ministries, etc.
- Responsible for other tasks that may come up in the course of leading our church—our pastors serve as a team
Responsible to be a growing and active believer at GCC including:
- participating in an adult small group, community group, or accountability group for fellowship and growth
- regularly attend worship service
- become a member of GCC
- heart for children and ability to model the type of volunteer you want
- administrative abilities to organize each area and all the adult volunteers, including a diversely gifted leadership team
- ability to handle a variety of roles: curriculum choices, process of growth, balance of outreach and discipleship ministries, volunteer issues, etc.
- vision-casting ability to recruit all the volunteers necessary and to sell the vision to the congregation/pastoral team
- being responsible for all the items listed above doesn’t mean “doing” all the items listed above—this person should be able to build a team and allows others to use their gifts
Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA is seeking the man called to serve as its pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
The pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous pastor retired and relocated. A retired pastor is serving part-time in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and children are led by lay church members. Four men comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, accounting and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), a suburb of Seattle. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
Our ministry serves a blended community of people speaking English and/or Mandarin. Some church activities and small groups involve everyone while others focus on a particular language group. Church worship services are conducted in English with a live audio translation available in Mandarin; attendance averages about 60. We seek a man who will grow this church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them from Kent and nearby communities.
The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should:
- Review the online “Profile” and “Qualities” information referenced below, and then
Contact the Pastor Search team by email: Pastor.Search@gracekent.org
- When you contact the Pastor Search team, please include your complete resume (educational, credentials and all employment including both pastoral and secular).
- Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or provide publicly accessible web links), including information as to when and where the messages were preached.
- Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position: GFK Pastorship opportunity
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor: Qualities desired in a pastor
The church website is: www.gracekent.org