These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship Church
To Apply for This Position
New Beginnings of Myerstown, PA has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of identifying a new senior pastor and walking through a process for revitalization. After 25 years, the church’s long-time senior pastor will be retiring in 2021, leading to this opportunity. The elders and congregation have embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a fruitful future in reaching its community with the gospel.
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· Prior, proven ministry experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree – Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
· has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
· models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· Has the skills and discernment to counsel and guide church members through life challenges using a biblical foundation
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
About the Church
New Beginnings’ ministry history dates back to the late 1960’s in Myerstown. As a member of the Charis Fellowship of Churches, New Beginnings places high value on the participation in and commitment to relationships with other Fellowship churches.
The church has declined in attendance over the past ten years from approximately 400 in weekly attendance to an average of 90 weekly worshippers.
In accordance with its membership in the Charis Fellowship, New Beginnings holds to a pre-millennial, dispensational view of scripture. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to the doctrine of election, but not Lordship salvation.
To Apply for This Position
Download and complete this application. Email it, along with a resume to: