These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
NEXT STEPS PASTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Grace Church - Wooster, OH
Reports to: Senior Pastor
PURPOSE OF MINISTRY: To creatively lead and teach families to take their next step toward full devotion to Jesus Christ.
- Presents an ongoing, biblically-centered lifestyle in accordance with the code of conduct and general beliefs of Grace Church.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to making disciples who make disciples and a strong concern for those who are without a relationship with Jesus.
- Active member in good standing of Grace Church.
- Supports the doctrine, (Statement of Faith – Bylaws Article 2.01-.04) mission, values, vision and strategy of Grace Church.
- Meets qualifications for elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Perform ministerial functions such as (but not limited to) devotions, prayer, sharing the gospel and relevant life application biblical teaching as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide Spirit-directed leadership to the Next Steps Team to ensure that team members give their greatest energies to encourage the most people to take their next steps in faith.
- Identifies, empowers and releases leaders who help people take their next step.
- As a great teammate, works in harmony with the Senior Pastor and entire staff to fulfill the church’s mission, vision and values and builds a healthy team culture.
- Provides leadership and management of the Next Steps Team through prayer, meetings, direction, overseeing the team budget, professional development, care and coaching.
- Actively engage in any and all meetings and assigned roles or all-church events or initiatives as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Develop and give regular attention to the Next Steps Dashboard evaluating effectiveness and progress of each step using appropriate metrics.
- Provide visionary leadership and oversight to the Director of Groups working to instill and ensure the “in, out and up” culture in each and every group.
- Help shape the direction of the church by working in collaboration with other members of the Directional Leadership Team (if assigned).
- Participate as a member of the teaching team: offer biblically accurate, culturally relevant, life application teaching in weekend services, groups and electives as assigned.
- Provide pastoral care through counseling, in-depth discipleship opportunities and personal care follow ups when appropriate (calls, messages, hospital visitations, etc).
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.